So I had some really good thoughts about mom yesterday while I was sitting in church... Then I never got the chance to blog after church since we stopped by Micah's parents house to wish Mom Christiansen Happy Mother's day and then spent the rest of the night making dinner and dessert and for Ashley's bday and had Ashley, Daniel, and Jaden over to our house. So even though it is a day late...I want to still post my thoughts and tribute to mom....
One of the things I shared with mom in her card, was how she was the perfect example for me of the new Young Women's value of virtue. Then while I was sitting in church I was reflecting on the many other things I think of when I think of mom... so here goes...
When I think of MOM I think of faith, purity, patience, optimism, and virtue.
I can't recall ever hearing un inappropriate word come from her mouth.
She always sees the good in others.
She never talks about someone in a negative way.
She always exhibits faith in the Savior and in Heavenly Father's plan.
Nothing seems to ever throw her off, because for her everything has its purpose, and nothing will discourage her.
She sees others as the Savior would and strives to always treat them with the greatest amount of kindness and respect they deserve.
She will encourage and support you, without pushing her own way or opinion on you.
Her prayers for you are felt constantly and sustain you daily.
Her caring heart brings warmth to a lowly day.
Her creative hands bring color, enlightenment, and joy to a dull world.
Her sacrifices are always needed and felt, but rarely acknowledged.
She gives her life and strength to her family first in building a home of refuge, order, and peace.
She puts up with every mood, attitude, & fickle personality with a patient and forgiving nature.
She listens to your feelings and experiences, withholding all judgement and criticism.
Her tender heart softens with every kind act and joyfilled experience.
She brings compassion to a hardened world through her testimony and Christ-like service.
What would we do without her?
What would we be without her?
This Virtuous Mother truly has changed the world, our world!
Love you tons and tons.... -AL
4 comments:
Wow, well thought out and well said!
Thank you very much- but I'm still trying to figure out exactly who you are talking about- I don't think I live up to all of that!If you didn't have those pictures on there, I would be sure it wasn't me :)
There you have it. I couldn't express it in words, but you could. That's what I was thinking too... :)
Every time I look at the title of this post- I feel like I have died or something :):)
Post a Comment