Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fun times with Hailey, New Beginnings, 24 hour Stomach Bugs, YW Bball, and Our DalPal

This is our cute DalPal, who loves to roll around on the floor. He is learning so fast, new things every day. He is seriously gonna be crawling soon, and I am not ready for it!
He also has charmed everyone at church, and makes new friends everytime we go. He loves going to Young Womens with me on Wednesdays and loves all the girls. Several of them have babysat for me, when I have needed extra time to get sewing projects done. Last weekend there was a SweetHeart Dance and I helped two of the girls with their dresses. One I made, initially from a pattern but with some changes and adjustments. The other girl borrowed a dress of mine, and I took the zipper out and put in a laceup back. Dallin has been such a good baby during all my sewing sessions and is very easy to babysit.
This past week, we had NewBeginnings with the Young Women. The theme was Joy in the Journey, so I was in charge of decorating a table with baby stuff, 'cept it had to be baby girl stuff. So we borrowed some of Hailey's things, featuring her baby blessing dress. I also sang a solo for the special musical number called "We Believe" written for the 2011 Theme (The 13th article of faith) It turned out to be a great evening!
This morning our basketball team played in their last game of the season. We didn't win a single game :( But my favorite thing about my girls is that they never give up and they play hard all the way to the end, no matter the score!! :) I watched several of the girls really come out of their shells and make some amazing contributions to the team. All of them got so much better this season, and I'm so glad I could coach them. This comin week I am putting on an Awards Celebration Party for all those who participated this season. There will be concession stand style food and treats and awards for each girl...can't wait!

Dal has been able to spend alot of time with Hailey lately, since we are over there 3 days a week. Hailey is so cute, she always wakes up when we get there and is so excited to see Dallin (Dyen, as Hailey says)... She loves to poke him and touch his head and belly. She even patiently let me do her hair this past week, in a cute little spout right on top of her head with a pink bow. And then let me take pics of her and Dal. We love HaileyGirl, even though she might have given everyone "the bug". No, I don't know if thats really where I got it. But after the Petes all had it last week and weekend, I ended up with it this week. Came home on Thursday feelin kinda yucky and then woke up at 5am on Friday morning and threw up, then threw up another 15 or so times till about 10am, then I was able to sleep for a couple hours without throwing up and have been improving since then. Micah and Dal haven't seemed to get it, lucky dogs! :) Anyways, we love hanging out at the Petes.
One day a couple weeks ago, I took Dal and Hailey with me to meet Micah at a Subaru car dealership, to look at a few cars. They did great! Hailey drank all my water! And loved playing on the slide in the room for kiddos. They both fell asleep in the car on the way home, it was naptime for both of them. It made me laugh though how I was giving hailey some french fries and then she wasnt takin them anymore. She had fallen asleep with one boot one and one off, a fry under her leg and tipped over forward. Hehe :) I love the kiddos, and I'm glad I get to spend so much time with them. Hopefully soon though, Ash will get to be the one spending more of that time with them...In the meantime, I'm happy to be there! Here's all the cute pics we've taken lately...



Hailey got Dal's foot...

Then he defended himself by gettin her sleeve... She didnt like it when she realized he is actually pretty strong... hehe :0)

This pic was after a blowout in his pants that went all the way down his leg to his foot...Yucky! I think I went through like 7 wipes! He loves gettin changed though, good thing I had some spare clothes...







7 comments:

Annie said...

I forgot what I was going to comment on by the time I got to the end... :) Love how they're both wiped out and love the pic of them together with Dallin's eyes so big. Cuteness.

Owen threw up last night too, but was fine today.

Good job on all the other things you've been doing - sounds like you're busy!

Debora said...

That is the cutest little roly poly I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Dallin's getting big!
Our bball team didn't win a game either. :) I didn;t think to have an end of season party though. That's fun.

We have new beginnings in 2 weeks (the wed before my due date) so I'm not sure if I'll actually be attending. But we are singing that same song as well and I made a big "We Believe" poster that the girls took a group picture with.

Looks like you are getting lots of mommy practice (especially with a baby and toddler)!! Way to go. I love the pic where Dal just pooed and Hailey has a funny face like "ew, that stinks"

Ha!

Unknown said...

Fun pictures! I got a good laugh out of them both wiped out, she must have been pooped cause she never falls asleep in the car! The first pic of Dallin on his tummy is so so cute and the pic where Hailey's face looks like "ew" its funny because she just recently started saying "eeeew" and "ucky", did that start with Dallins blowout? :-) Hailey might win for the biggest blowout on Friday night she went to bed and seemed just fine. Saturday morning she woke up and was just covered head to toe in poo. It was all over her and her blankets, cause I guess it was just so much that it was leaking out the back of her diaper so it was all up her back and getting into her hair. I was definately saying "ucky". But anyways thanks for all you do for us.

Mike said...

Dal n hailey are super cute together!

Stephanie said...

I had E sitting on my lap while looking at blogs today and when I pulled up the first pic of Dallin she leaned to the screen and kissed him. So cute.

Alison said...

Ha, cute, Steph! I can't wait for them to meet sometime...Well, maybe they already know each other ;)