Along with posting the scripture I have chosen for the day, I will probably also often post a discussion question about the values I am working on. I would love to hear all of your experiences and feelings, which will help me to learn more and also complete the experiences.
Also, one of the coolest new things that the church has done, is made the whole Personal Progress program available online. It is really neat and convenient. Here is the link, if anyone wants to check it out... https://beta.lds.org/young-women/personal-progress?lang=eng ...I got online yesterday and got all setup to begin. I really like it because all the scriptures that you read with the experiences are links that you can just click on and most other sources that you would study from are available a couple clicks away. Also, you can type in all your journal entries and when you have completed the entire program, they will print and send you your journal as a hard bound book. So anyways, its really amazing.
As for today's scripture and question, I began with Faith value experience 2...
"Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true (Alma 32:21)."
Question: What qualities do you feel a woman needs in order to teach children to have faith and learn to base decisions on gospel truths?
As I was pondering on faith and how I learned to have it, my mom immediately came to mind, because of her example of faith. I still haven't quite figured out how to put into words as a quality what it was about her example, but I do feel that she is always positive about things, always sees the good in life, and instilled in us the overall mentality that "everything happens for a reason" and that if we trust in our Heavenly Father "everything will work out for our good." So I am grateful for my mom's example, and hope that I can live up to that faith by instilling those same things in my children. I'd love to hear all of your thoughts and feelings too...
3 comments:
Do you realize that you just committed to DAILY BLOGGING??? :)
BTW Thanks- I love you, too.
Yeah, Mom, but i'm gonna be home every day with nothing to do but sleep and nurse Dallin anyways...and I already get on the blogs every day. As long as I keep it simple, I think I can do it :)
I'm working on my PP also! Good luck! My goal is by mid-May.
Post a Comment