Saturday, November 6, 2010

Greater Charity & Virtue = Greater Confidence before God

The scripture for today comes from my studies for Individual Worth value #3, which is centered around building others up and helping them to feel their great worth, particularly by noticing and acknowledging their good qualities and attributes. In this scripture, we are promised that if we strive for greater charity and virtue, we will have greater confidence to stand before God.

D&C 121:45
"Let thy abowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let bvirtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy cconfidence wax strong in the dpresence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the edews from heaven."


I like this promise and I know this is something I can improve on, because I will often think a good thought about someone or notice something great they have done, but then never share it with them. So my goal is to increase my charity, particularly, by sharing either verbally or in writing the good things I notice about others.

No comments: