Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Favorite Spring/Summer Hobby

GARAGE SALING!!!


I'll admit I might be a little addicted, but its just cuz I love being frugal and saving money, and you can find so many good deals on good things if you just hunt around a little. One thing I discovered I really love about Utah is KSL.com Classifieds. Its an awesome way to buy or sell good quality things at low prices that people just dont want or need anymore. People also advertise their garage sales for free on their too. Thats how I usually plan out my Saturday mornings. During the week I go on and pick out 5-6 sales that I want to hit and where they are located. Then I plan out my route for Saturday morning. I pretty much got all of Dallin's baby stuff from garage sales the 2 summers before he joined our family and saved 1000's of dollars that people often spend on baby stuff. There's even a whole section of free stuff that people just need gone and want somebody to claim. Here are my two favorite finds from KSL lately. The first is "my ugly chair". It cost me $5 and is super comfy. Its a swivel rocker, and works perfectly for nursing & rocking Dallin. Of course its a deep aqua color right now, not so attractive, but I hope to recover it in brown soon. Yes! My second most recent favorite find was a jogging stroller. Cost me $40, and it is in very good condition. Dallin and I tried it out for the first time yesterday, and its AWESOME! Perfect for our needs...Dallin is a little too heavy now for me to carry him in the carrier for much of a walk, so we can get a little more exercise than before without running my back out of energy, and Dallin can just chill and look up at all the leaves and trees! So anyways, GarageSaling & KSL are two of the ways I really love to save money...you should try it too ;)

3 comments:

Debora said...

Okay- yep... ugly chair- but... cute stroller. Is Dal sitting there smiling!!

A2 said...

Yes, very nice find on the stroller! Eli loves to go for strolls in his stroller.

Annie said...

You'll love that stroller, and I bet you'll make that chair beautiful!