So some news for us from the past week...
We are moving to Highland!
We are sad to leave Pleasant Grove, and we have really enjoyed the people we have gotten to know and love here, but it is our time to move on to something new. We are very excited for our new place and the family we will be living with. It is a basement apartment in a very nice area of Highland where Micah can just go up over Draper Mountain to get to work. He may even buy a small motorcycle to get to and from work to save money on gas. The apartment is a little smaller than what we've been in, so we had a big yard sale yesterday and got rid of a bunch of stuff. We even came away with $236! I never carry cash either, so its kinda weird to have it. But it was a great success that fell into place just the day before on Friday, when another young couple said they were also moving and having a yard sale, so we quickly decided we'd do it all together. Now we just have to slowly move the remainder of our things to the new place over the next several weeks. I am most excited that it is new, built in 2009, and very clean! I will feel more comfortable letting Dallin crawl around on the floor as much as he pleases. Thats actually what sparked this whole thing last Sunday evening. I was tired of having to be paranoid all the time of how clean things were for a baby, and my allergies have been going crazy too. Thats the dust and mold that is inevitable in an old house. So I'd been praying about how to provide the best environment for Dallin and our family, and said Heavenly Father this is what we need. I had been browsing online at some apartments while I had this prayer in my heart and was about to give up when the ad for this apartment came up. The minute I saw it, I wanted to call, so I did without hesitating. I have really been trying to act right away on promptings and feelings lately. We were the first to call, :), the ad was only up for 5 minutes, and the man was quite surprised. I set up an appointment for Thursday evening to see it, without even telling Micah. He was down at the church at a Court of Honor. As it turns out we were only 1 of 20 couples interested and planning to see it. We were the first ones there on Thursday evening, and spent about 20 mins chatting with their family and getting to know them. They liked us, and we were very impressed with them too. Several other couples began coming while we were still there, so it was a little intimidating, but we came away feeling exhilaration, excitement, and a good spirit. We went immediately over the Micah's parents, which is only a couple mins away, to talk about leaving Grandma's house. They weren't super thrilled, but said we should do whats best for our family. And thats what we want to do...I waited for half the day on Friday for the call from the family in Highland to hear whether or not they had chosen us, and finally decided to give him a call, cuz I couldn't take it any longer. They were on their way out of town and took the paper work with them, but said that yes they were going to offer it to us!!! Yes!!! So anyways, it was kind of a drag breaking the news to everyone at church today. There were alot of disappointed faces, the Bishop even came down right away when his wife told him and knocked on our door to see if it was really true. There are two other young strong couples moving in the next 2 weeks as well, and I think it all kinda hit hard at once. Micah claims you just have to rip the bandaid off and run though! I tend to want to provide an increase of love and comfort, and kiss it all better... Sorry GroveCreek2nd...We will miss you all very much! I cried through all of church today too. It being Easter and all, the talks were excellent, the music was amazing and inspiring, and the lessons were deep. How grateful I am for a loving Savior, who knows our pains and struggles personally and intimately. I can't say enough how blessed we are to know of Christ, to follow Him, and to feel His power in our lives every day. I don't know where we'd be without this. With Spring here, there are new and exciting things blooming and in store for us soon. We can't wait to experience them! Hope you all have had a wonderful Easter Sunday and have had the opportunity to reflect and ponder on these things in your own hearts too...Love you all! :) Here's some family pictures we took recently too...
We are moving to Highland!
We are sad to leave Pleasant Grove, and we have really enjoyed the people we have gotten to know and love here, but it is our time to move on to something new. We are very excited for our new place and the family we will be living with. It is a basement apartment in a very nice area of Highland where Micah can just go up over Draper Mountain to get to work. He may even buy a small motorcycle to get to and from work to save money on gas. The apartment is a little smaller than what we've been in, so we had a big yard sale yesterday and got rid of a bunch of stuff. We even came away with $236! I never carry cash either, so its kinda weird to have it. But it was a great success that fell into place just the day before on Friday, when another young couple said they were also moving and having a yard sale, so we quickly decided we'd do it all together. Now we just have to slowly move the remainder of our things to the new place over the next several weeks. I am most excited that it is new, built in 2009, and very clean! I will feel more comfortable letting Dallin crawl around on the floor as much as he pleases. Thats actually what sparked this whole thing last Sunday evening. I was tired of having to be paranoid all the time of how clean things were for a baby, and my allergies have been going crazy too. Thats the dust and mold that is inevitable in an old house. So I'd been praying about how to provide the best environment for Dallin and our family, and said Heavenly Father this is what we need. I had been browsing online at some apartments while I had this prayer in my heart and was about to give up when the ad for this apartment came up. The minute I saw it, I wanted to call, so I did without hesitating. I have really been trying to act right away on promptings and feelings lately. We were the first to call, :), the ad was only up for 5 minutes, and the man was quite surprised. I set up an appointment for Thursday evening to see it, without even telling Micah. He was down at the church at a Court of Honor. As it turns out we were only 1 of 20 couples interested and planning to see it. We were the first ones there on Thursday evening, and spent about 20 mins chatting with their family and getting to know them. They liked us, and we were very impressed with them too. Several other couples began coming while we were still there, so it was a little intimidating, but we came away feeling exhilaration, excitement, and a good spirit. We went immediately over the Micah's parents, which is only a couple mins away, to talk about leaving Grandma's house. They weren't super thrilled, but said we should do whats best for our family. And thats what we want to do...I waited for half the day on Friday for the call from the family in Highland to hear whether or not they had chosen us, and finally decided to give him a call, cuz I couldn't take it any longer. They were on their way out of town and took the paper work with them, but said that yes they were going to offer it to us!!! Yes!!! So anyways, it was kind of a drag breaking the news to everyone at church today. There were alot of disappointed faces, the Bishop even came down right away when his wife told him and knocked on our door to see if it was really true. There are two other young strong couples moving in the next 2 weeks as well, and I think it all kinda hit hard at once. Micah claims you just have to rip the bandaid off and run though! I tend to want to provide an increase of love and comfort, and kiss it all better... Sorry GroveCreek2nd...We will miss you all very much! I cried through all of church today too. It being Easter and all, the talks were excellent, the music was amazing and inspiring, and the lessons were deep. How grateful I am for a loving Savior, who knows our pains and struggles personally and intimately. I can't say enough how blessed we are to know of Christ, to follow Him, and to feel His power in our lives every day. I don't know where we'd be without this. With Spring here, there are new and exciting things blooming and in store for us soon. We can't wait to experience them! Hope you all have had a wonderful Easter Sunday and have had the opportunity to reflect and ponder on these things in your own hearts too...Love you all! :) Here's some family pictures we took recently too...
8 comments:
The grove is suddenly less pleasant. :(
Congrats on finding a new place, though.
Yipee, yipeee! Sounds like fun. Al you know that we love you- but that last picture of Micah and Dal is the best :)
Woot! Where in highland will you be??
Yeah, Mom, that last pic was my favorite too! My Boys! :) Aud its up Highland Blvd just North and a little East of where the Smiths Marketplace is. It is on BullDog Drive.
This is Al, not Ash and Dan...
I'm bummed ... now that I'm finally getting to know you and you got the play group going. I'm really going to miss you around. Good luck though, it totally sounds like it is meant to be and that's the best part. Onward with new adventures! Let me know if you need help packing. I'm have two willing hands.
YAY, we're always up for a good move so we're excited for you. Sounds like a great place!!
Sounds like you made a good find. At least you're not moving half way across the country. You'll still be close to your old ward.
Cute pics.
Post a Comment