We were able to score some cheap tickets to Stadium of Fire last night so we were able to have a couple friends come with us. There was one catch for me though. I had to work as an EMT the whole time. I left to give EMS covereage of the rehersals at 11:00 AM and we got home at about 1:00 AM. It made for a long day. It was an awesome experience. You do get some special priviledges when you are in charge of peoples lives. I had front row seats for SHeDAISY's sound checks and saw the Jonas Brothers for their's (they put on a good show, I was not excited about them at first). I got to enjoy police chatter, and knowing exactly where to avoid screaming teenagers when the stars were brought into the stadium before the show.
I also was able to rehydrate loads of jr. high girls who were practicing their dance all day in the sun and suffering from heat exhaustion. Then there was the rush of eye irrigations for people with firework ash in their eyes after a sudden shift of wind.
All in all it was a very fun show, with some moving moments as they retired a flag, and spoke of the history of the nation. The F-16 and apache fly overs were awesome, the fireworks were spectacular, and we could feel the heat from the fireballs on the opposite end of the stadium. The music was enjoyable, though everything sounded much better after being drown out through a radio ear piece in one ear and a ear plug in the other.
Happy birthday to the USA.
No comments:
Post a Comment